If you don't already know how important eyebrows are, take a look at these sites of celebs with no eyebrows and people with bad eyebrows.
One reason why I sported bangs for so many years was sheer laziness. I was too lazy to groom my eyebrows.
1. These nasty duo are unruly with lots of untweezable fine strays above and below the brow bone. They are too fine to be seen in photos plus I realize that I don't have close up photos of my face. I used to sport bushy triangular eyebrows when I was still schooling and haven't learnt how to groom my brows.
2. Those thicker and supposedly tweezable ones are also pretty difficult to tweeze as they seem to only grow out to a certain length. In real life, they are very obviously stubbly and in a mess.
3. The brow hair do not grow on the same areas on both sides resulting in a thinner right brow. Yes, my arch are never on the same line because of the lack of hair growth on the top most part of the right brow (which supposedly forms the arch) and a few lines below the bottom of the brows. The left brow has got a slight diagonal slit as if I was scarred along those slit.
4. The brow hair have different hair growth direction with the left one growing downwards and the right one growing outwards.
5. The brows are also perfectly unsymmetrical due to a perfectly unsymmetrical brow bone. Sometimes my unsymmetrical eyebrows remind me of Ian Somerhalder's crooked eyebrow smile.
Bangs could hide all these flaws very well.
So some of my gal pals were simply in love with the way I clip my fringe up in recent months coz it is a rather refreshing look after sporting bangs for years. The truth is, I don't quite like how unkempt and unsymmetrical my eyebrows look.
Could you see how the top arches are not at the same line, how the right brow is thinner and how the left brow hairs grow downwards?
Heck, I also have lots of visible baby hair all over my forehead (esp on my left) and also not so visible soft fine ones that grow all the way down to my brows if you could see (on my right). I've got such a hairy upper face that Tiff said she might as well be waxing my whole face!
Best friends... -_-|||
Off the topic of brows, I also have lots of freckles, little bumps and bad eyebags coz this photo is neither edited nor filtered like how I always deceive everyone on Instagram. You know what a great beauty app MeituPic (previous name Mei Tu Xiu Xiu 美图秀秀) is? Everyone often marvel at my complexion which now you know is all fake.
Doesn't my left eyebrow look like there is a diagonal scar obstructing hair growth along that line? Once upon a time, I was an Ah Lian and got into a fight, resulting in that scar. Up to you to believe me. ｡◕‿◕｡
Ok enough of brows from the past. Let's move on to my current brows!
As a Sephora member, I had a complimentary brow waxing and shaping service at the Benefit Brow Bar as one of the birthday gifts from Sephora. It so happened that my bestie Tiff is the master trainer aka Professor of Pretty (what a cool title to have on the name card right?) at Benefit and she offered to personally do the waxing for me! So honoured!
We went to the Benefit Brow Bar in Sephora at Bugis Plus. Tip for those who are interested in doing brow waxing but find it difficult to book an appointment, Bugis Plus is a lot less crowded than popular places like Ion.
The wax looked absolutely beautiful. It was warm, golden and shimmery. It felt really good on the skin. The whole process of waxing is absolutely painless for me. In fact, I felt really pleased to know that those darn hair was yanked out almost cleanly. Traditional Indian threading used to be my favourite coz I love how all the fine hair could be yanked out. However, it was a lot more painful than waxing and it often leave stubbles when the hair break right at the skin surface.
Before waxing, eyebrow mapping was done. Tiffy very clearly explained the mapping and the whole waxing process. She not only looked extremely professional in her black blazer, she was indeed professional in her whole demeanour.
Every now and then she would get me to look into the mirror and inform me how the state of my natural brows would affect the arch and thickness of both brows. I totally understood since I already knew about my stubborn brows and areas with no hair growth. She worked to transform my natural brows as best as she could to achieve a symmetrical look. I would have to draw my brows in for a perfect symmetry so without drawing in, this is how I look.
Heck, I actually don't care about my brows being perfectly symmetrical coz they were already a huge transformation from the last time. So probably on days when I do not want to draw them in, I could simply do my normal side swept.
Nevertheless, I love the signature Benefit arch on my very problematic left brow now! They no longer need to hide behind my side swept fringe. Thank you Tiffy for personally waxing my brows. It was a blessing that we were first friends when we were mere 7 years old.
I got these Benefit samples after the whole waxing.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review post. I'm writing this coz I'm truly pleased with the way my brows turned out with Benefit and touched by my bestie's kind thoughts of personally doing the brow waxing for me.
Do you have problematic eyebrows? Which is your preferred way of grooming your brows? Do share with me your thoughts!